You want to actively contribute to the development or sales of our planning tool? You can find entry opportunities and possibilities for theses or student jobs on this page.
We currently do not have a full-time position available. If you are interested in our company, feel free to contact us on your own initiative! We are also looking for motivated students (m/f/d) who would like to do their master's or bachelor's thesis at our company. You can find announcements on this page.
Development of simplified simulation methods for cold local heating networks - 100% remote possible.
Are you passionate about energy technology and would like to work with us to advance the energy transition? Are you studying mechanical engineering or a related subject and would like to expand your experience in the field of simulation? Then we have an interesting topic for your thesis!
nPro Energy is a young, innovative company and was founded in 2022 as a spin-off of RWTH Aachen University. We offer a world-leading, specialized planning software for building and neighborhood planning, which is successfully used by neighborhood and building planners worldwide.
You will directly contribute to the further development of our planning software by bringing scientific methods into practice. The focus of your work will be low-temperature heat networks, especially cold local heat networks, which will be mapped in more detail in the nPro software in the future.
The most important in brief:
- Location: Flexible and up to 100% remote (our startup works decentralized).
- Flexible working hours: There are no fixed attendance times and we take your study-related commitments (e.g. exam period) into consideration.
- Close, professional supervision:: The founder of the startup (Marco Wirtz) will supervise you personally. He has many years of experience in supervising theses during his work as a research assistant at the Chair of Building and Air Conditioning Technology at RWTH Aachen University. If required, we will also support you in finding an internal supervisor at your college/university (if necessary).
- Fast processing: A narrowly defined topic allows you to efficiently complete the work within a pre-agreed time horizon.
- Pleasant working atmosphere: People come first with us and we determine the focus of your work according to your interests and strengths. We do not regard the preparation of your thesis as a mere examination, but as a team project in which we support you in order to achieve the best result for the work and for you personally.
The goal of the thesis is the implementation of a simulation approach for cold local heating networks and its integration into the nPro planning software. Depending on the scope of your thesis, the following contents can be covered:
- Introductory literature research on the topic of "thermo-hydraulic heat network simulation".
- Pre-conception of the simulation process based on a simplified prototype
- Implementation of the actual simulation logic for network calculation
- Support for the development of an online input mask for data input
- Application of the simulation logic to exemplary quarters in Germany
- Embedding the simulation into the nPro calculation tool
- Development of evaluation routines for result processing
- Good to very good performance in your studies of engineering, preferably energy technology/process engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics helpful
- Reliable and independent way of working required
If you are interested in writing the thesis, we would be happy to hear from you. Please send us a email with your resume (CV), a current transcript of grades, and other relevant information. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com!